Naturalization with a dismissed domestic violence charge

Sangeeta writes, "A few years ago, my husband drank too much and started to argue with me.  I was very upset to see him behave like trash and did not want to spend time with him, so I thought I will simply go and spend the night at my sister's house who lives only a few miles away.  However, my husband tried to stop me from leaving and tried to snatch the car keys from me.  In the process my (beautiful, long, manicured) nails scratched his wrist, but I thought he will simply apply a Band Aid.  On the contrary, this misbehaved, drunk man called the cops and reported that I had assaulted him and left.  The cops arrived even before I could pull out of my own driveway.  The cop listened to our stories, examined his wrist, and gave me summons to appear in court.  As you can imagine, the judge clearly thought that this was a waste of tax dollars and told both of us to go home, admonishing my husband that he has no right to stop his wife from leaving.  I am wondering if during the naturalization application process, this will count against good moral character and hurt my chances of becoming a citizen."

You will need to attach the documentation related to the case with your N-400 application.  You may also be asked about it during the interview.  Since you have otherwise been a law abiding permanent resident, this will not jeopardize your chance to naturalize, but cases like this are decided by supervisors rather than the Interviewing Officer, so instead of getting a positive decision on the spot, you will need to wait for the approval decision in the mail.  If the location offers same-day oath, you will not be able to take it.  It is not a bad idea to reach out to your previous attorney and ask him to suggest an immigration lawyer so that you can pay for an hour of consultation about the matter, though, if you are comfortable doing the paperwork yourself, you need not hire legal help.