What should do I if US embassy cancelled my B1 visa?

Narendra writes, "To be honest, I am an Indian software engineer who works for one of those fraudulent body shops in America run by people with roots in India.  They get contracts from greedy American corporations looking for cheap labor and then find people like me in India who are happy to go work in the US to pad up our wallets and resumes but violating all sorts of laws.  And that is what I did.  I went on a B2 visa to the US and when the officer stamped 6 months on visa, I returned five and a half month later.  My NRI (non resident Indian) employers even bribed an immigrant doctor to write a few prescriptions exaggerating my seasonal allergy as a major illness that made it impossible for me to travel.  Well, I was getting ready for my next assignment to a client site when the American embassy in Mumbai sent me a formal letter asking me to appear for an interview with my passport.  I was asked what I was doing in the United States for so long and when I mentioned my illness, they still revoked my visa.  When I applied again for a B visa, during the interview, the issue came up again and I tried to explain but no one would listen to me.  I was denied a visa.  Now, I am unemployed and my employer in the United States is not interested in helping me.  What should I do?"

It seems that you were caught violating the terms of your visitor visa.  At this point, you are out of luck.  It is highly unlikely that you will ever get any type of visa to the United States (even though there is no formal ban on your entry, your history will remain in the files forever).  It is also safe to assume that your so-called employer in the United States might even stop answering your emails/calls, if they have not already done so.  They have no use for people like you, at least not for projects that require presence in the US.  I expect them to send someone else with a valid visa and hope that her/his visa will not be cancelled.  I do not know what kinds of documents you may have signed when you worked for them but only an attorney in the United States can figure out if you have a case against them.   In order to succeed, though, you will need to be here.  If you are really feel victimized by your employer, remember that you willingly participated in activities that criminal under US law.  Now that your hopes of ever visiting the US and Canada are over (Canadian authorities may have access to your files as well) you can focus on getting back at your employer by writing to the US embassy and letting them know all the laws this company has broken so that if prosecutors open a case against them your testimony can be used against them.
Newer Post Older Post Home