Steps for name change for permanent resident

Urmila asks, "I am a green card holder and would like to change my name after marriage.  What order should I follow?"

If you have a valid marriage certificate, then you should be able to change it easily on your green card, Social Security card, driver's license, insurance documents, bank, credit card, etc. almost in parallel.  You must also request your country's embassy to issue a new passport to you, or else you will always need to travel with your marriage certificate to explain the inconsistency between the names on green card and passport.