Travel with COS petition pending

A reader writes, "I am currently working in the United States on L1 visa and have applied for change of status to H1B.  Is it possible for me to leave the country and return to the US?"

If you have not quit your job with your current employer and intend to return to the same job, you can travel freely in and out of the country.  Your H1 visa application is a separate petition and will be decided regardless of how often and where you travel as long as you have valid travel documents.

Newer Post Older Post Home