Fee waiver for N-400 if my family is on food stamps

Carlos writes, "I live with my parents and they are both on food stamps.  I now want to apply for naturalization and while I am unemployed I am myself not receiving any form of government assistance.  Can I ask for a fee waiver?"

If you are under 21, then, you simply file form I-912 and you will be approved based on your parents' financial situation.  You simply need to attach paperwork related to their food stamps benefits (SNAP program).  If you over the age of 21, then, you maybe eligible based on your unemployment.  You may also be able to use the fact that your household income is below the 150% level of the federal poverty guidelines.

Newer Post Older Post Home