Do RPI status immigrants get in-state tuition for college?

While undocumented immigrants are banned from all Federal aid, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (BSEOIM) also specifically bans Registered Provisional Immigrant (RPI) legal status holders from receiving any Federal benefits, including student loans.  Luckily, the RPI visa holders will be required (prior to this only some states provide in state tuition and the fight to do so was intense in most states) by the states henceforth to provide them with instate tuition because Section 505 of IIRAIRA is repealed.  So as long as you can prove that you are a resident of a state (the residency requirements are different for each state), you will be eligible for instate tuition and that can mean some students will still be able to graduate from college, despite lack of Federal funds.  So, in order to plan for your preparation for adjusting to RPI status, you might also want to take into consideration in which state you would like to go to college and time your move there.